SVM is Open for You
In support of the COVID-19 recovery efforts, SVM will donate a portion of all SVMCards.com sales through April 30 to the American Red Cross. We will donate a minimum of $10,000, but hope to give more with the support of our customers.
Learn more and view a list of brands with enhanced delivery, take-out and online shopping options at https://www.svmcards.com/covid-support/.
As an Illinois-based business, we have been closely monitoring our state’s social distancing guidelines. Friday, March 20th, Illinois decided to enact a state-wide “Stay-at-Home Order” beginning Saturday, March 21st at 5pm. This order excluded essential service businesses.
Since SVM provides instruments of stored-value as part of the financial system, our services are considered essential. We will continue operating as we have since March 12, with a limited number of employees working in our office to provide fulfillment and customer service, and other support staff working remotely. In other words, we will remain open for business, taking and fulfilling orders while keeping our employees safe and supporting you, our customers and clients.
We recognize the impact and uncertainty that the Coronavirus (COVID-19) is creating in our workplaces and communities and are sensitive to those who are affected. Our number one priority at SVM is the health and safety of our employees and their families. While our three locations in Illinois and one location in the United Kingdom are open, we’re monitoring developments and taking protective steps:
- Stay Home When You Are Ill. We have communicated to our employees that if they have symptoms of acute respiratory illness (i.e. cough, shortness of breath) to stay home and do not come to work until they are: Free of fever, signs of a fever, and any other symptoms for at least 24 hours, without the use of fever-reducing or other symptom-altering medicines (e.g. cough suppressants).
If an employee experiences a respiratory illness symptom and becomes sick while at work, that employee will be separated from other employees immediately, and if able will be sent home.
- Technology to work from anywhere. Our technology has always allowed our employees to securely access SVM networks remotely, when necessary. Effective March 12, 2020, select department employees will begin to work from home.
- Rotational in-office presence. Effective March 12, 2020, certain departments, e.g. procurement, customer service, finance and marketing, will begin a rotational schedule that will limit cross-employee interaction. Teams will rotate weekly between working remotely and working in the office. As part of our disaster recovery protocols, we maintain a high degree of cross-training and redundancy. We will deploy these strategies now to ensure we maintain the service levels you have become accustomed to as valued customer of ours.
- Increased Routine Cleaning. Disposable cleaning wipes have been distributed throughout the facility and are being used by our facility management firm to disinfect frequently used community surfaces such as workstations, countertops, doorknobs, conference rooms and phones, library, gym, kitchen drawers, cabinets, equipment handles and pulls, and shared office equipment.
- Gift card shipments. Packages are safe to handle. The World Health Organization has made it clear that it is safe to handle a package, even if it comes from a place where the virus has been reported (see “Constant monitoring” statement below).
- Digital gift cards and prepaid paid cards. If you are uncomfortable receiving or handling physical cards, we have digital solutions that could be used in place of or in addition to your existing assortment. Contact us for assistance.
- Travel. International travel has been suspended for employees, and domestic travel is limited to necessary trips to serve our clients and customers.
- Conferences, events and meetings. We are practicing social distancing and have discouraged attendance at external gatherings with more than 10 people through April 17, 2020.
- Constant monitoring. We’re closely monitoring reports from the World Health Organization; Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; and federal, state, and local agencies to align our guidelines with health authority recommendations. For updates to SVM’s COVID-19 plan and response, please visit https://www.svmcards.com/covid/.
- Trusted relationships. During trying times, proactive, two-way communication is critical, along with creative solutions. We’re committed to doing everything we can to make sure you have what you need to support your business.
Our focus, dedication, and support are unwavering as we navigate these unique times. We hope you and your loved ones remain safe and healthy. Please reach out to your SVM contacts if you have any questions or if there’s anything we can do to help.
SVM’s plan will be updated as necessary and reflected on this page.